CREAMY PESTO PASTA BAKE
4 cups basil
2 cloves garlic
˝ cup pine nuts
ľ cup parmesan, grated
ľ cup olive oil
Ľ cup cold water
˝ cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon salt
˝ teaspoon pepper
12 ounces fusilli, al dente
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup parmesan, grated
8 ounces mozzarella balls
1. To make the pesto, mix basil, garlic, pine nuts, parmesan, cold water, heavy cream, salt, and pepper in a food processor for about 30 seconds. Add in olive oil. Process until combined, set aside.
2. Cook fusilli to very al dente, or about 3-4 minutes before the package instructs for cook time, then drain pasta.
2. Halve cherry tomatoes.
3. In a skillet or casserole pan, mix fusilli, cherry tomatoes, and pesto.
4. Top with grated parmesan and mozzarella balls.
5. Bake at 400° Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes, or until mozzarella has melted.
6. Garnish with additional parmesan and fresh basil. Serve immediately.
Inspired by: http://domesticsuperhero.com/2015/06/03/baked-caprese-pasta/
Music provided by Audio Network. Used with permission