6 slices pre-sliced sandwich bread
12 rashers streaky bacon
50 grams melted butter
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F.
2. Cut the crusts off the bread.
3. Slice the bacon in half lengthways, and wrap a piece around each crust. Place them on a baking tray.
4. Brush cupcake tin with melted butter. Press the bread into the muffin tin, then brush more butter onto the bread.
5. Bake the bacon soldiers for 10 minutes til they are about halfway cooked and starting to render their fat.
6. At the same time, bake bread cups for 10 minutes or until the bread is turning golden brown.
7. Flip the bacon. Crack an egg into each bread cup. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Bake the bacon soldiers for another 10-12 minutes until the bacon is crispy.
9. At the same time, bake the eggs for another 10-12 minutes until they are just cooked.
10. Dip and enjoy!