Makes about 9-12
200 grams strong white bread flour
1 teaspoon instant dry yeast
1 teaspoon salt
200 millilitres warm water
2 teaspoons olive oil
Extra flour, for dusting
3 tablespoons melted butter
4 garlic cloves, crushed
Small handful parsley, chopped
1. For the dough, mix together the flour, yeast, and salt, and make a well in the middle.
2. Pour the water and 1 teaspoon of olive oil into the well and mix together.
3. Knead for about 7-10 minutes until the dough is springy.
4. Line a bowl with the other teaspoon of olive oil, place the dough in the bowl, cover, and leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hour (or until doubled in size).
5. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
6. Tear the dough into 9 separate balls and then roll into long tubes, folding over to make a knot.
7. Place the knots on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes.
8. Prepare the garlic butter by mixing the butter, garlic, and parsley.
9. Coat the knots with the butter and bake for another 5 minutes.