Drop the rainy day routine and brighten any day with our Mediterranean Grilled Cheese Strangewich.
Mediterranean Grilled Cheese Strangewich
2 Japanese eggplants, cut into 1/2? thick slices
1 red bell pepper, 1/4rd and seeded
1 red onion, sliced into 1/2? thick slices
1 zucchini, cut into 1/2? thick slices
Salt and pepper
2 Tbsp thyme, picked and chopped
2 Tbsp oregano, picked and chopped
1 lemon, cut in half for juicing
1 6 oz. jar Romesco
1/2 cup Best Foods mayonnaise
½ lemon, juiced
Salt and pepper, to taste
For the sandwiches
8 slices sourdough
Extra mayonnaise for brushing
1 cup fontina cheese, grated
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, grated fine
1. Preheat grill or grill pan to 400 degrees. Brush all veggies with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill veggies until golden and tender. Remove from heat and toss together with chopped herbs and a squeeze of lemon juice. Set aside.
2. In a bowl combine Romesco, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Assemble sandwiches by brushing bread on one side with plain mayonnaise. Build sandwiches on the non-mayonnaise side and brush all with Romesco Aioli.
4. Distribute grilled veggies amongst 4 of the slices. Mix cheeses together and distribute evenly as well.
5. Top with remaining bread and griddle until golden and cheese is melted, flipping once (7-10 minutes).
6. Remove from heat, serve immediately.
Subscribe to Tastemade: http://taste.md/1QsXIWq
FIND us on Snapchat Discover: http://taste.md/1P9UuDM
LIKE us on Facebook: http://taste.md/1Zf0Bve
FOLLOW us on Instagram: http://taste.md/1OaAv4P
More daily programming http://www.tastemade.com
Watch us behind the scenes at Snapchat: @tastemade