225 grams (1 ½ cups) self-raising flour
225 grams (1 cup) caster sugar
225 grams (2 sticks)butter
2 teaspoons baking powder
100 grams (? cup) strawberry jam
100 grams (1 ½ cups) whipped cream
Icing sugar (to serve)
1. Preheat oven to 160°C/325?F.
2. Mix the flour, sugar, softened butter, baking powder, and eggs in a bowl until smooth, using a hand mixer.
3. Grease a muffin tin and fill each hole about ¾ of the way up with the cake mixture.
4. Bake for 25 minutes until golden and springy. Allow to cool.
5. Cut sponges in half and spread jam on the bottom half. Pipe a spot of whipped cream in the centre, then in a circle around that.
6. Place the top half back on and sprinkle with icing sugar.