This is the peak season of cauliflowers! Even few weeks back vegetable vendors were selling a small size cauliflower in higher rate. But now its available at reasonable rate. You know one thing, you cannot have same vegetable everyday even if it is easily available & low priced. Most of the time when I buy cauliflower, I use it in khichdi or add in our fish curry or prepare Cauliflower in Mustard Gravy. This time I thought of making a side dish which we can pair up with roti at dinner. I prepared aloo gobi masala in restaurant style which will take away your boredom about typical cauliflower taste and surely bang on your taste buds.
Aloo Gobi Masala / Restaurant Style Gobi Masala / Punjabi Style Aloo Gobi
Cauliflower - Medium Size, cut florets in medium size
Potatoes - 2 medium, cut into dice shape
Onion - 1 big, finely chopped
Ginger - chopped, 1 teaspoon
Garlic - chopped, 1 teaspoon
Tomato - 1 small, chopped
Turmeric Powder - 2 teaspoon
Cumin Powder - 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Sugar - 1/2 teaspoon
Asafoetida - a pinch
Cumin Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Dry Red Chilli - 2
Green Chilli - 1 teaspoon, chopped
Red Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Mustard Oil - 1/2 cup
1. Boil some water and clean the cauliflower florets by dipping in the water for a minutes and drain the water.
2. Now heat half of the oil and fry the dice shape potatoes with salt and turmeric powder until they are cooked. Keep them aside.
3. In the same oil fry the cauliflower florets till they are golden brown. Don't forget to add turmeric powder and salt. After frying, keep them aside.
4. Now add the remaining oil and after heating add dry red chilli, cumin seeds and a pinch of asafoetida.
5. After that add chopped onions and saute it. Next goes chopped ginger and garlic into it. Cook till the onions are translucent.
6. Now it's time to add dry spices (turmeric powder, salt, sugar, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli p...