Bengali Style Bonde / Sweet Boondi / Bonde Recipe is a popular sweet dish in Bengali cuisine. Earlier it was must in Bengali marriages. When there was no concept of caterer, cooks were being called during the marriage ceremony. They used to give list of ingredients they require for estimated numbers of guest and accordingly shopping were done. Two or three days before cooks used to come and start preparing sweets at home because earlier Bengali Marriages were organized at bride's or groom's house. The reason I am telling this story because they used to prepare bonde, rasgullas at home and the taste of these homemade sweets are just awesome and you can eat them unlimited if you have good digestion capability. Have you ever tasted garam bonde or rasagulla" If not then you must do it, they are heavenly good. Today I am sharing the recipe of Bengali Style Bonde / Sweet Boondi.
Bengali Style Bonde / Sweet Boondi / Bonde Recipe
Besan - 1 cup
Water - 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup
Cooking Soda - a pinch
Rice Flour - 2 tablespoon
Food Colour (Red and Yellow) - 2 drops each
Refined Oil - 2 cups
Sugar - 1 cup
Water - 1/2 cup
Cardamom - 2
1. Take water and sugar in a pan and boil to dissolve it. While boiling add cardamom seeds to get nice aroma.
2. Now take besan, rice flour and cooking soda in a bowl. Make a smooth batter adding water into it. Batter should not be runny and it should not have any lumps.
3. Take a small portion of batter and add red color into it. In the remaining large portion add yellow colour. This step is absolutely optional.
4. Now heat oil in a kadai. Take a perforated ladle (In Bengali, we call it chanta). Hold the ladle just top of the oil. Add little batter into it and rotated over the oil so that drops come out from the each perforation. Fry them till little golden. Take them out and dip into prepared sugar syrup. Do this process for the remaining batter.
5. Allow the boondis to soak sugar syrup for 3...