Chicken Tikka Wrap with Fresh Coriander ChutneyDelicious wraps filled with aromatic succulent chicken tikka with fresh cooling coriander chutney with a kick!Serves 4
Prep time: 15 minutes (plus marinade overnight)Cooking time: 10 minutes
Ingredients1 tbsp cumin seeds1 tbsp coriander seeds2 whole cloves½ tsp black peppercorns½ tsp fenugreek seeds1½ tsp ground turmeric2 tsp ground paprika½ tsp hot chilli powder¼ tsp ground cinnamon1 tsp sea salt2 garlic cloves, crushed20g root ginger, peeled & finely grated4 tbsp natural yogurt4 boneless & skinless chicken breasts cut into chunks
To serve:8 flatbreads or tortillas, warmed
2 large handfuls of spinach leaves2 tomatoes, thinly sliced¼ cucumber, thinly sliced ½ red onion, thinly slicedFresh Coriander & Mint Chutney ? click here for recipe
1. Place the cumin, coriander, cloves, peppercorns and fenugreek into a frying pan and dry fry for 1-2 minutes until toasted. Now place in a grinder or pestle & mortar and add the turmeric, paprika, chilli, cinnamon and salt, grind until you have a fine powder.
2. Place the ground spices into a large bowl, add the garlic, ginger and yogurt. Mix through until thoroughly combined. Now add the chicken and fully coat. Cover the bowl with cling film and place in the refrigerator overnight or at least for 4 hours to marinate.
3. Take the chicken out of the fridge and thread them onto metal skewers leaving a 1cm gap between pieces.
4. Preheat a grill to the highest temperature and place under the grill as close to the heat as possible. Cook for 5 minutes and then turn the skewers over cooking for a further 5 minutes.
5. Use a fork to slide the chicken off the skewers. Spread the warmed flatbreads with the coriander chutney, and then add the salad items. Top with the chicken tikka then roll up and eat with your fingers. Enjoy!