Feeding your child some healthy food is really challenging" Do you agree with me or not" Earlier I used to think why it is difficult unless I had my own daughter. he he! Now I can feel the heat of this challenging task. However, my daughter has improved a lot. Though she is a slow eater but nowadays she has learned to eat varieties of food. Like other kids, she also has a love-hate relationship with fruits. Sometimes she likes them but most of the time she neglects them. Fruits and Nuts Pulao / Kasmiri Pulao is the dish can make your job easier. This is a perfect healthy and nutritious one pot meal for kids and for adults too. Sometimes we are bored of eating fruits so we can have it altogether as a meal. The other name of fruits and nuts pulao is kashmiri pulao as it is originated in beautiful Kashmir.
Fruits and Nuts Pulao / Kashmiri Pulao
Basmati Rice - 11/2 cup
Cashew Nuts - approx 10 nos
Almonds - approx 10 nos
Walnuts - 2 tablespoon, chopped
Pistachios - 8 to 10, blanched and remove the skin
Raisins - 10 to 12 nos
Dates - 6 to 8, chopped
Apple - small diced & peeled, 2/3 cup
Pomegranate - 1/4 cup
Saffron strands - few
Bay leaf - 1
Cardamom - 2
Cloves - 2
Cinnamon - 1 inch stick
Fennel Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Dry Ginger Powder - 1/3 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Ghee - 2 tablespoon
1. Clean and soak the basmati rice for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Take a wok and heat ghee into it. Add bay leaf, whole garam masalas like cinnamon, cardamom and clove.
3. Next add cashew nuts, almonds and walnuts and roast them.
4. Add half of the apples and dates into it and saute.
5. After that add soaked rice and add saffron strands. Saute for few minutes and add fennel powder and dry ginger powder.Again saute well.
6. Finally add water and salt to taste.Cook until the rice is soft. Water level should be adjusted properly so that rice is perfectly cooked and each grain is separated from the other.
7. At the end add remaining apples and pomegran...