My mom was around for last two months...Can't express my joy in words!! I was so lucky to have her for those two months. Even our daughter had a wonderful time with Grand-Ma..The day she left for the native we were really very upset. Slowly we controlled our emotions and again continuing our daily lives..
When My mom was around I got plenty of time to experiment with food as she was helping me in other daily chores. My mom was not fond of store bought cakes so decided to bake a different flavour of cake at home. Even I am not a big fan of store bought cake or cream cakes. My preference is always a naked cake. This time I baked a Lemon Pound cake. I frosted the cake too and the outcome was wow.... Frosting the cake with lemon juice powder sugar and milk created a magical taste. My mom liked it very much...
If you are baking a lemon pound cake I will suggest you to frost at least half the cake and taste it! Along with eggs I have used curd to give a moist texture. This cake has very less butter too and I have used more vegetable oil. See the below steps to know how to make lemon pound cake.
Lemon Pound Cake
Maida/ All purpose fllour - 2 cups
Baking Soda - 1/2 teaspoon
Baking Powder - 3/4 teaspoon
Egg - 2
Curd - 2 to 3 tablespoon
Lemon Juice - 1/3 cup
Lemon Zest - 1/2 teaspoon
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Butter - 2 tablespoon
Vegetable Oil - 1/2 cup
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Vanilla Essence - 2 to 3 drops
Lemon Juice - 1 teaspoon
Sugar Powder - 1/2 cup
Milk - 2 tablespoon
1. Sieve all purpose flour (maida), baking soda, baking powder, salt. It helps to aerate your flour and avoid lump formation.
2. On the other hand, take sugar in a bowl and add butter & vegetable oil. Whisk it using hand blender (mechanical or electrical) till the sugar dissolves.
3. Next two eggs each at a time and beat them well in the wet mixture.
4. After that beat the curd and add into wet mixture. Mix well.
5. Next add lime juice and mix well. Add t...