I hope you all had a wonderful Holi! I wanted to post this mawa kulfi/khoya kulfi before holi. However, as usual I was stuck in between my commitments and responsibilities. These days I am quite busy with my writing assignments. I wonder how will I manage my blog when I will join a full fledged work life! Some of the fellow bloggers are doing this really well, I salute them.
Coming back to the mawa kulfi recipe, my husband was after me from last few days and telling "you prepare all types of food but no ice cream or kulfi." I realized he is right my blog does not have any frozen dessert recipe. The reason I avoid preparing it because of my daughter. If she comes to know mamma made ice-cream she will definitely have it and then she will suffer from cold and cough. So two-three weeks back I prepared ice-cream (could not take pics), she enjoyed it and after having it she was okay. So next weekend my husband bought few kulfi moulds as he prefers kulfi over ice cream! Then I had some khoya in my pantry and I tried this easy mawa kulfi recipe which is melt in mouth. But this time my daughter had kulfi as well as cold drinks on the same day and till now her voice is choked :(. This was the another reason I could not blog as I had to look after her! Try this recipe it is yummy!
Mawa Kulfi / Khoya Kulfi
Milk - 500 ml
Khoya - 100 gms, grated
Sugar - 1/4 cup
Pista - chopped 1 tablespoon
1. Boil milk in a thick bottom vessel until it becomes half of the quantity.
2. Next add grated khoya in the evaporated milk and mix it well, so that there is no lump.
3. Finally add sugar and allow it to dissolve. Switch off the gas allow it to cool.
4. Now pour the mixture into the moulds. Put them in freezer for 6 to 8 hours.
5. Unmould them and garnish with chopped pistas.