Subho Bijoyadashomi to all the Bengali readers of Motions and Emotions. I wish Happy Dusshera to the readers who celebrate it. Hope you all had a lovely time. None of the occasions or festivals of India complete without a sweet dish. So here I am celebrating a traditional Indian Sweet Dish Rava Laddu or Suji Ladoo. Not only during occasions you can prepare them in regular days and store them in container for few days. Actually, if you are a mother of a kid or teen and if he/she has a sweet tooth then storing this ladoo will help you to serve their sudden hunger.
Rava, ghee and dry fruits are healthy and nutritious and essential during their growing years. This will give them instant energy and you don't have to think what snacks you should give to your kid during their sudden hunger attacks.
Rava Laddu / Sooji Ladoo / Semolina Ladoo
Rava / Sooji - 11/2 cup
Ghee - 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoon
Cashew Nuts - 10 to 15, broken into pieces
Raisin - 10 to 15
Powdered Sugar - 3/4 to 1 cup cup
1. Heat ghee (2 tablespoon) in a pan and fry cashew nuts till golden and keep them aside.
2. Now add rava/sooji in that remaining ghee and roast them for 8 to 10 minutes.
3. After that allow the rava to cool for 5 minutes and grind them in fine powder.
4. Now take the rava powder in a vessel and add sugar powder, cashew nuts, raisin into it. Mix them well.
5. Melt ghee (1/3 cup) and add it into the mixture. Start mixing it with a spatula.
6. When the mixture becomes crumbly in texture, take handful of mixture and quickly round them into balls by pressing tight.You have to do this process very quickly.