Strawberry TartThis is summer on a plate, the perfect dessert for summer! You can bake the pastry case and filling the day before and decorate with the strawberries a couple of hours before serving!
Prep time: 30 minutes plus chilling timeCooking time: 35 minutes
IngredientsFor the Sweet Flan Pastry:125g unsalted butter, softened to room temperature90g caster sugar1 large egg250g plain flour1 tbsp ice-cold water
For the filling:75g white chocolate, chopped100ml double cream2 tbsp icing sugar175ml whole milk75ml double cream40g caster sugar½ vanilla pod, split lengthways3 egg yolks20g cornflour400g strawberries, hulled2tbsp strawberry jam, warmed
1. For the pastry, place the butter and sugar in a food processor and blitz until combined. Add the egg and blitz for another 30 seconds. Now add the flour and process until the dough comes together. If the dough is too dry add the ice-cold water.
2. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead, shape into a flat disc, wrap in cling film and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
3. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to the thickness of a £1 coin. Now line a 20cm round shallow tart tin with a removable base. Leave the excess pastry overhanging the rim. Allow to rest in the fridge for another 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 190°C/Gas mark 5. Line the pastry with baking paper and baking beans, blind bake for 20 minutes. Now remove the baking paper and beans, return to the oven for a further 5-10 minutes. Cut off the excess pastry.
5. Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, take off the heat and allow to cool slightly.
6. Brush the base and sides with melted chocolate and allow to cool and set.
7. For the filling, whip 100ml double cream and icing sugar together in a large bowl until it is stiff.
8. Place the milk, 75ml d...