Chicken TikkaA most delicious and succulent aromatic chicken tikka starter served with fresh cooling coriander chutney with a kick!Serves 4
Prep time: 15 minutes (plus marinade overnight)Cooking time: 10 minutes
Ingredients1 tbsp cumin seeds1 tbsp coriander seeds2 whole cloves½ tsp black peppercorns½ tsp fenugreek seeds1½ tsp ground turmeric2 tsp ground paprika½ tsp hot chilli powder¼ tsp ground cinnamon1 tsp sea salt2 garlic cloves, crushed20g root ginger, peeled & finely grated4 tbsp natural yogurt4 boneless & skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
To serve:Fresh Coriander & Mint Chutney ? see recipeFresh salad
1. Place the cumin, coriander, cloves, peppercorns and fenugreek into a frying pan and dry fry for 1-2 minutes until toasted. Now place in a grinder or pestle & mortar and add the turmeric, paprika, chilli, cinnamon and salt, grind until you have a fine powder.
2. Place the ground spices into a large bowl, add the garlic, ginger and yogurt. Mix through until thoroughly combined. Now add the chicken and fully coat. Cover the bowl with cling film and place in the refrigerator overnight or at least for 4 hours to marinate.
3. Take the chicken out of the fridge and thread them onto metal skewers leaving a 1cm gap between pieces.
4. Preheat a grill to the highest temperature and place under the grill as close to the heat as possible. Cook for 5 minutes and then turn the skewers over cooking for a further 5 minutes.
5. Use a fork to slide the chicken off the skewers and serve with fresh coriander & mint chutney and fresh salad.