Beef olives in gravy recipe
Beef Olives in Gravy Recipe
Beef olives are a classic dish that is both satisfying and full of flavor. This recipe is perfect for those who want to enjoy a savory meal without spending hours in the kitchen. The dish is made with tender beef, stuffed with a delicious filling, and cooked in a rich and flavorful gravy. With just a few simple steps, you can have a wonderful dinner that the whole family will love. Here is how to make beef olives in gravy.
- 4 beef schnitzels
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 4 slices of ham
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Using a meat mallet, pound the schnitzels until they are thin and flat. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix together the onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and parsley.
- Place a slice of ham on top of each schnitzel and top it with a spoonful of the filling mixture. Roll the schnitzel to form a tight roll and secure it with a toothpick or kitchen twine.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Brown the beef olives on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the beef olives to a baking dish and pour in the beef stock, red wine, tomato paste, and bay leaf. Season with salt and pepper, and cover the dish with foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the beef is cooked through and tender.
- Remove the beef olives from the gravy and set them aside.
- To make the gravy, strain the liquid into a saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer until the gravy has thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Serve the beef olives hot with the gravy drizzled over top.