Braised pork slices recipe
Braised Pork Slices Recipe
If you’re looking for a flavorful and hearty pork recipe, this braised pork slices recipe is a must-try! This dish features tender pork slices that are cooked in a rich and savory sauce. It’s perfect for dinner with your family or an impressive dish to serve to your guests. This recipe requires a bit of time to prepare, but the result will be worth it!
- 1 pound pork belly, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 2 cups chicken or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bunch of green onions, chopped for garnish
Follow these steps to prepare your delicious braised pork slices:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F to use later.
- In a large pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat, and add the sliced pork belly. Sauté the pork slices until they are browned on both sides, around 2-3 minutes each side. Remove the pork from the pan and set it aside.
- Add the chopped onions to the same pan and sauté them until they start to soften, for around 2 minutes. Then, add the minced garlic and grated ginger to the pan, stir for about 1 minute.
- Next, add the soy sauce, oyster sauce, brown sugar, and five-spice powder to the pan. Stir the ingredients to combine well over medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken (or beef) broth to the pan, and stir until the ingredients are well combined. Bring the mixture to a boil, and then reduce the heat to low, and let it simmer for about 5 to 7 minutes. This will allow the flavors to blend and the sauce to thicken.
- Add the pork slices back into the pan, making sure the slices are covered by the sauce. Cover the pan with a lid and let it braise for about 30 to 40 minutes or until the pork is tender. Reduce the heat to low, stirring occasionally to ensure the pork is fully coated by the thickened sauce. Control the heat to maintain a low simmer.
- While the pork is cooking, mix the cornstarch and water in a small bowl until combined. When the pork is tender, slowly pour the cornstarch mixture into the pan, stirring to combine, and cook for another minute to thicken the sauce further. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the braised pork slices to a baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes. This step will give your pork a crisp texture on the surface and caramelize the sauce. It’s optional but recommended!
- Serve the braised pork slices hot, garnished with fresh green onions. It pairs well with a bowl of steamed rice or noodles.
And voila! Your delicious and flavorful braised pork slices dish is ready to be enjoyed.
Overall, this braised pork slices recipe is a true winner and makes for a perfect addition to your weekly meal plan. Not only is it incredibly tasty, but it is also easy to prepare. It is an ideal dish to serve for your family or friends on any occasion. With this recipe, you can never go wrong!