Cherry mousse recipe
Cherry Mousse is a delightful, light, and fluffy dessert that will please anyone’s taste buds. It is a perfect treat for hot summer days or warm evenings with loved ones. Made with fresh cherries and whipped cream, this mousse is a delectable choice for dessert lovers. It is an easy-to-make recipe that requires only a few ingredients. The cherry mousse can be made in advance and cooled for a chill and refreshing dessert that would satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth.
For the cherry puree:
- 1 cup of fresh cherries, pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
For the mousse:
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of cherry puree
- 1 teaspoon of unflavored gelatin powder
- 2 tablespoons of cold water
Making Cherry Puree
- In a small bowl, combine cherries, sugar, and lemon juice. Allow the mixture to sit for ten to fifteen minutes to let the cherries soften and release their juices.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor and blend until it forms a smooth puree. Set aside.
Making the Mousse
- In a small cup, sprinkle the gelatin powder over the cold water and let it sit until foamy for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, using a hand mixer or a stand mixer on medium speed, whip the heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form, which takes about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Microwave the gelatin mixture for 5 to 10 seconds until it dissolves entirely.
- Add the cherry puree and dissolved gelatin to the whipped cream mixture and beat until blended, roughly 1 minute.
- Transfer the mousse mixture to a piping bag or spoon into serving glasses. Chill the mousse for at least one hour to firm up.
- Top with chocolate shavings or fresh cherries and serve cold.
- Make sure to chill the bowl and whisk in the fridge for about ten minutes before starting to whip the cream to get soft and fluffy peaks.
- Selecting fresh and ripe cherries with deep red color will enhance the flavor of the dessert.
- If the mousse is too thick, add a little whipped cream or cherry puree to adjust the consistency.
- At step five, piping the mousse into cocktail glasses is an excellent way to serve.
Cherry mousse with its fruity and creamy taste is an amazingly delicious dessert option that can serve as a satisfying treat on any occasion. The dessert is easy to prepare and can be made in advance, making it a perfect go-to option for dinner parties that require minimal preparation. Enjoy the Fluffy, light, and mouth-watering cherry mousse that would satisfy the cravings of any sweet tooth. Happy cooking!