Chicken chop suey recipe
The Best Chicken Chop Suey Recipe
If you are a food lover especially, then you must have a try on chop suey chicken, a popular Chinese dish that anyone would love. It’s delicious, easy to make and packed full of flavors. It combines fresh vegetables and tender chicken with a savory sauce, and it’s a perfect dish that you can enjoy with rice and noodles.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can baby corn, drained
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Marinate the chicken: In a medium bowl, mix together soy sauce, cornstarch and minced garlic. Add chicken and toss well to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Cook the chicken: In a large skillet or wok over high heat, heat the vegetable oil. Add the chicken and stir-fry until lightly browned and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Cook the vegetables: In the same skillet, add onion, bell peppers, mushrooms and carrots. Stir-fry over high heat for 2-3 minutes, or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add the water chestnuts and baby corn: Stir in the canned water chestnuts and baby corn and cook for another minute.
- Season the chicken chop suey: Add the cooked chicken back into the pan, along with the oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, black pepper and salt to taste. Stir-fry until heated through and everything is well combined.
- Serve the chop suey: Serve hot with steamed rice or noodles.
This is how to make a delicious, easy and healthy chicken chop suey recipe. Follow these simple steps to make your family or guests satisfied with your cooking skills.