Couscous & haddock salad recipe
Couscous & Haddock Salad Recipe
This light and tangy couscous and haddock salad is perfect for a quick and easy summer lunch. The combination of fluffy couscous, flaky haddock, fresh herbs, and crisp vegetables makes for a refreshing and satisfying meal. Serve it cold or at room temperature for maximum flavor.
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound haddock fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. In a large bowl, combine the couscous, boiling water, and salt. Stir well, then cover with a lid or plastic wrap. Let stand for 10-15 minutes, or until the couscous has absorbed all the water and is fluffy.
2. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 375°F. Rub the haddock fillets with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and place them on a baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through. Remove from the oven and let cool.
3. In a large skillet, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté until softened and translucent. Add the red and yellow bell peppers and cook for another 5-7 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender but still crisp. Remove from the heat and let cool.
4. Once the couscous has cooled, fluff it with a fork. Add in the cooked vegetables and herbs, and stir to combine.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, honey, and black pepper. Drizzle this dressing over the couscous mixture, and toss to coat.
6. Finally, flake the cooled haddock fillets into bite-sized pieces and add them to the couscous salad. Toss gently to distribute.
7. Chill the salad for at least 30 minutes in the fridge, or until ready to serve. This salad will keep well in the fridge for up to three days.
Enjoy your delicious Couscous & Haddock Salad!