Cucumber & herb dip recipe
This refreshing Cucumber & Herb Dip is a perfect accompaniment to summer BBQs or as a tasty appetizer. The combination of fresh cucumbers and herbs, blended with sour cream and cream cheese, creates a balanced and creamy dip that is perfect for dipping your favorite crackers or vegetables.
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- Salt and pepper
Step 1 – Begin by grating the cucumber into a colander and let it sit for 10-15 minutes to drain the excess water. Once drained, pat the cucumber down with paper towels to remove any excess moisture.
Step 2 – In a food processor, add the chopped herbs and pulse until they are finely chopped.
Step 3 – In a separate bowl, mix the sour cream and cream cheese until combined.
Step 4 – Add the chopped herbs to the sour cream and cream cheese mixture and stir to combine.
Step 5 – Stir in the grated cucumber and mix until it is evenly distributed throughout the dip.
Step 6 – Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld together.
Step 7 – Before serving, give the dip a quick stir and garnish with additional chopped herbs if desired.
- To save time, you can chop the herbs and grate the cucumber in advance and store them separately in the refrigerator until you are ready to assemble the dip.
- If you prefer a thinner consistency, you can add a few tablespoons of milk to the mixture.
- This dip pairs well with fresh vegetables such as carrots, celery, and bell peppers or your favorite crackers.
This easy-to-make Cucumber & Herb Dip is a crowd-pleasing appetizer that is perfect for summertime gatherings. The combination of fresh cucumbers and herbs with cream cheese and sour cream creates a flavorful and refreshing dip that is sure to be a hit at your next party!