French bean soup recipe
The Best French Bean Soup Recipe: Hearty & Delicious
Need a quick and easy recipe that will warm you up on a cold winter day? Look no further than this delicious French bean soup! Made with fresh vegetables and hearty beans, this soup is sure to satisfy your hunger and taste buds alike. Perfect as a main dish or a side, this soup will be a hit with your family and friends.
- 1 lb. fresh French beans, trimmed and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (14 oz.)
- 1 can of white beans, drained and rinsed (14 oz.)
- 4 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp. of thyme
- 1 tsp. of smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
Ready to make this delicious French bean soup? Follow these simple steps:
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped French beans to the pot, along with the thyme, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine, and sauté for another 5 minutes, until the beans are tender.
- Next, add the diced tomatoes and white beans to the pot, and stir well to combine. Pour in the chicken or vegetable broth, and bring the soup to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, and simmer the soup for 15-20 minutes, until the vegetables are completely tender and the flavors have melded together.
- Using an immersion blender or a regular blender, blend the soup until it reaches your desired consistency. For a smoother soup, blend it longer. For a chunkier soup, blend it less.
- Once the soup is blended, taste it and adjust the seasoning as needed. Serve hot, garnished with a sprig of fresh thyme.
And that’s it! This French bean soup is simple and easy to make, but it’s absolutely delicious. And with its hearty ingredients and warming flavors, it’s the perfect dish to enjoy on a cold winter day. So why not give it a try today?