Fried mozzarella recipe
Fried Mozzarella Recipe
If you love cheese and you are looking for a crispy and delicious appetizer, then this fried mozzarella recipe might just be what you need. Fried mozzarella is a classic Italian dish that is usually served as an appetizer. It’s crispy on the outside, and silky and creamy on the inside. It’s easy to make, and it’s sure to be a hit with your guests.
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Cut the mozzarella cheese into sticks or cubes, about 1-inch thick. In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs and set aside. In another shallow bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, oregano, salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- In a deep skillet or frying pan, heat about 2 inches of vegetable oil until it reaches 375°F. You can use a candy thermometer to check the temperature.
- Dredge the mozzarella sticks in the flour, then dip them in the egg mixture, and finally coat them in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing the breadcrumb mixture firmly to adhere to the cheese.
- Once the cheese sticks are coated, carefully place them into the hot oil, being sure not to overcrowd the skillet. Fry for about 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side, or until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside. Turn them carefully with a slotted spoon if needed.
- Remove the fried cheese sticks with a slotted spoon and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil. Continue frying the cheese sticks in batches until they are all cooked through.
- Once all the cheese sticks are fried, allow them to cool for a few minutes before serving. You can serve them with your favorite marinara sauce or any other dipping sauce of your choice.
That’s it! You now have a delicious and crispy fried mozzarella that is perfect for parties or as a snack. The preparation time is about 15 minutes and the cooking time is about 15 minutes, so you can make this dish in under 30 minutes. This recipe serves about 4-6 people, but you can easily double or triple the recipe to feed larger crowds.
So, next time you’re looking for a tasty and crowd-pleasing appetizer, try this fried mozzarella recipe. Your guests will thank you for it!