Monkfish & mussel skewers recipe
Looking for a seafood recipe that blends the flavors of the ocean and land? Look no further than these succulent monkfish and mussel skewers. These skewers are made by threading cubes of monkfish and mussels onto skewers and grilling them until they’re beautifully charred. The robust flavor profile of these skewers come from a mixture of fresh herbs, garlic, chili flakes, and lemon zest.
- 1 lb of monkfish, cut into chunks
- 1 lb of mussels, cleaned and debearded
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by preparing the monkfish and mussels. Make sure the mussels are cleaned and debearded, and the monkfish is cut into 1-inch chunks. Set aside in a bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine garlic, chili flakes, parsley, thyme, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Mix the marinade well then pour it over the monkfish and mussels. Toss to coat the fish and shellfish evenly in the marinade. Cover and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat. Once the grill has reached the desired temperature, take the skewers out of the refrigerator.
- Thread the monkfish and mussels onto the skewers, alternating between the two. You can use metal or wooden skewers, but if using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them in water for at least 20 minutes before grilling.
- Place the skewers on the grill, turning them occasionally until cooked through. Cooking time varies depending on the thickness of the fish and the heat of the grill, but it should take around 10-12 minutes total. The monkfish should be opaque and flake easily when done, while the mussels should open up.
- Remove the skewers from the grill and let cool for a few minutes before serving with a squeeze of lemon and additional herbs if desired. Serve alongside grilled vegetables or your favorite side dish.
This easy-to-prepare monkfish and mussel skewer recipe is perfect for seafood lovers who crave a little surf and turf. Perfectly charred monkfish and juicy mussels create a flavorful treat that will have you coming back for more. With the perfect combination of fresh herbs and spices, these skewers will make your taste buds go wild. Serve them at your next barbecue, family dinner, or any occasion. Enjoy!