Rice salad recipe
Rice Salad Recipe
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy recipe that’s perfect for any occasion, then this rice salad recipe is just for you. Packed with nutritious ingredients and bursting with flavor, this salad is sure to be a hit with everyone. Whether you’re serving it as a side dish, main course, or bringing it to a potluck, this rice salad is the perfect choice. Best of all, it’s easy to make and perfect for meal prep.
- 1 cup of uncooked white rice
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- First, cook the rice according to package instructions. Once cooked, transfer the rice to a large bowl and let it cool for about 15 minutes. It should be at room temperature.
- In the meantime, prepare the vegetables. Dice the red and yellow bell peppers and the red onion, and chop the fresh cilantro.
- Next, add the black beans, red and yellow bell peppers, red onion, and cilantro to the bowl with the rice.
- Now, it’s time to make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the rice mixture and stir until everything is well coated and combined.
- Once everything is mixed well, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour to let the flavors meld together.
- After an hour, give the salad a quick stir and taste for seasoning. Adjust the salt and pepper if necessary.
- You can serve the rice salad as is or with some additional toppings. Some great options include avocado, chopped tomatoes, or even some grilled chicken or shrimp.
This rice salad recipe is perfect for meal prep. You can cook the rice and prepare the vegetables a day in advance to save time. Simply store everything separately in air-tight containers and mix it all together with the dressing before serving.
If you’re looking for a vegan or vegetarian version of this recipe, simply omit the honey or substitute with maple syrup or agave nectar.
For a gluten-free version, make sure to use a certified gluten-free rice.
This rice salad is best served chilled, so make sure to refrigerate it for at least an hour before serving. If you’re serving it outside, make sure to keep it in a cool place to prevent the dressing from spoiling.
This rice salad recipe is perfect for anyone looking for a healthy, delicious, and easy recipe. It’s packed with nutritious ingredients and can be served as a side or main dish. Whether you’re making it for yourself or bringing it to a potluck, this rice salad is the perfect choice. So, go ahead and try it out today!