Sticky marmalade pudding recipe
Sticky Marmalade Pudding Recipe
Indulge in the sweet and tangy flavors of this indulgent Sticky Marmalade Pudding. The fluffy sponge pudding is soaked in a delicious citrus marmalade sauce, making each bite a burst of flavor. Here’s how you can prepare this irresistible dessert in a few simple steps:
- 225g self-raising flour
- 100g unsalted butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 180ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 150g marmalade
- 50g brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan) or gas mark 4.
- Grease a pudding dish with butter and set aside.
- Cream the butter and caster sugar together until smooth and fluffy, and then add one egg and beat well again.
- Sift in the flour and fold in the mixture along with the milk and vanilla essence.
- Once the batter is smooth and well combined, pour it into the prepared pudding dish.
- Take a small saucepan and heat the marmalade, brown sugar, and cinnamon over low heat until the sugar dissolves and the marmalade becomes syrupy.
- Pour this mixture over the pudding batter, and then place the dish on a baking tray and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Check to see whether the pudding is done by inserting a skewer into it – if it comes out clean, the pudding is ready.
- Once the pudding is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Cut the pudding into slices and serve hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
Enjoy this Sticky Marmalade Pudding with friends and family; it’s sure to please everyone’s sweet tooth!
So there you have it – a Sticky Marmalade Pudding recipe that is guaranteed to make your mouth water. This dessert is not only easy to make but also a treat for the taste buds. Why not give it a go and impress your loved ones with your newfound cooking skills?