Tuna fish casserole recipe
This Tuna Fish Casserole recipe is a mouth-watering and healthy comfort dish that is perfect for any dinner. With a blend of flavorful ingredients and high-protein tuna fish, this casserole is a perfect treat for any seafood lover.
- 4 cans of tuna fish, drained and flaked
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 cup of chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups of cooked macaroni
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C) and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray or butter
- In a skillet, sauté the onion, celery, green pepper, and garlic over medium heat for 5 minutes or until the onion becomes golden brown.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the cooked macaroni, tuna fish, and frozen peas. Mix thoroughly
- In a separate bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soup, mayonnaise, milk, grated cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix well with a whisk to avoid lumps
- Now, pour the mixture of soup over the tuna mixture and stir until well combined.
- Gently pour the mixture into the greased baking dish and spread it evenly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- When the baking time is up, remove the baking dish from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle some chopped parsley on top before serving.
This Tuna Fish Casserole is the perfect dish to warm up on chilly nights and can be modified to suit your taste buds. You can add more veggies like mushrooms, carrot or even jalapenos for an extra kick of heat. With a prep time of only 15 minutes, this healthy tuna casserole recipe is easy to prepare and with a low budget. It is perfect for any family gathering, potluck dinner or any casual party. Enjoy!