Courgette Spaghetti with Italian Sausage & PestoA very quick & easy carb-free dish that is so full of flavour that you don?t miss the carbs.
Preparation time: 5-10 minutesCooking time: 7-10 minutes
For the Pesto:25g fresh basil leaves1 small clove of garlic, peeled2tbsp pine nuts, toasted2tbsp parmesan cheese, grated4tbsp olive oil 1tbsp olive oil3 Italian sausages½ tsp chilli flakes9 cherry tomatoes1 packet of Courgette Spaghetti (shop bought ? I used M&S)Freshly ground pepperParmesan cheese, for serving
1. For the pesto, place the basil, garlic, pine nuts and parmesan cheese into a food processor. Blend all the ingredients and then gradually slowly add the olive oil whilst blending until you have a smooth paste. Set aside.
2. Remove the casing from the sausages and break into bite-sized pieces. In a large frying pan heat the oil and cook the sausage for 3-4 minutes until browned. Now add the chilli flakes and tomatoes stir through and cover for 3 minutes on a medium heat.
3. Meanwhile heat the Courgette Spaghetti to packet instructions.
4. Now partially squash the tomatoes and add the cooked spaghetti with 2tbsp of pesto, stir through and season with pepper.
5. Serve on a warmed plate with a good sprinkling of parmesan cheese. Enjoy!